Meet the Team - Kirsty Braines
05 Jul 2017
1. How long have you worked for Oliver Wight?
I have worked for Oliver Wight for 10 and a half years.
2. What’s your background?
I am a Chartered Manufacturing Engineer by profession and started my working life in an engineering environment. I then moved to Operations and Supply Chain roles before becoming a Six Sigma Black Belt, which in turn opened up other opportunities for me including managing ERP implementations and commercial roles prior to joining Oliver Wight.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve?
Working with many interesting people and supporting them with their improvement journeys.
4. What’s your favourite part of the job?
Witnessing the enthusiasm of our clients as the first benefits are achieved from their improvement journey.
5. What’s your idea of a utopian workplace?
A place where people are happy at work, are valued and play a part in driving an even better future.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Open, honest and fair.
7. What is your favourite saying?
I have two: A) Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today, and B) Be the master of your destiny and not victim of your circumstance.
8. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I had every intention of studying Medicine and becoming a surgeon, but I changed my mind at the last minute after shadowing a consultant. I had to request that my university choices considered me for Engineering degree instead.
9. What’s your biggest achievement? – Professional and/or personal
Achievements can be classified in many different ways. For me, managing to maintain an active and work-free personal life during holidays has to be one of them.